Friday, October 23, 2009

Speechless = ="

My initial glee was totally devastated and my drowsiness immediately faded when I heard the words come out from one of my teachers' mouth - "Some teachers complain about your attitude".

Whoa! What's wrong with my attitude? Have any of my words offended my teachers? Teacher's question was the explanation of everything:"Do you seldom greet teachers whenever you meet them?"

Well, to tell the sooth, I admit that I don't greet ALL teachers, but I generally will greet my subject teachers. Furthermore, definitely not ALL students greet ALL teachers passing by. Imagine you have to stop your conversation with your friends and say "Good morning teacher!" once a teacher walks past all the way you are proceeding to anywhere!

Two of my friends heard what I heard as well, and they, too, feel strange about the teachers' exclamation towards me. They also do the same thing as I do, which is, greeting the teachers we know well. However, I'm the only one who is accused for my somewhat "discourtesy"! Even if I don't greet the coming teachers, I have never shown any disrespectful expressions. Then WHY ON EARTH do I receive such accusation?

The teacher telling me the whole thing, however, made me a little relieved as he told me he knows my personality well and he just kept quiet whenever he heard other teachers mention my "rudeness". He merely asked me to pay a little attention to my attitude. According to my teacher, the teachers claimed that I'm academically well but not for attitude. An undescribable feelings surged into my heart upon hearing such words. I always talk politely to teachers and never rebel them although I insist my opinions. I don't like to hurt people and I don't like people feel that they are offended by my words. Yet everything seems to turn upside down. The feelings is nothing different from that when you make every endeavour in studying with the hope to score satisfying results, but the outcome tells you that your effort is not paid off. It's also nothing different from the feelings when you are persistenly working hard to reach your goal, but your achievements are not acknowledged. They are all equally the same, leading to disenchantment. I'm said to have undesirable attitude just for not greeting ALL teachers!

Supposingly I should have not taken it too seriously, but for no reason I seem to care and mind about it. Am I really that impolite and is it that urgent for me to change my attitude? I don't know. It's tired having to change yourself merely to suit others' demands. I should have got used to it for I have been accused by friends or even those I don't know since I was in primary school for no reasons. "Proud, vain,..." these are the familiar words used to describe me. Oh dear...I'm speechless.

1 comment:

  1. it's like what happen when you are known as "good student" in your school. everyone(teachers/students) would pay more attention to find out what you did wrong. that's not really matter fiona, just ignore them. =) i trust you're not that kind of people

    ReplyDelete